Revelation

Friday, July 15, 2005

Prayer

Written by GH. aka. Space

"Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you;"
- I Samuel 12:23a NKJV

One thing that Jesus promises us is...that He will make intercession on behalf of the saints. ( Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. Hebrews:7:25 KJV ) If you want to be like Jesus...part of that is to pray for others. Intercession is the essence of the life of Christ in His disciples.
This is how I see it: God brings people into our lives. This is certainly no accident. Thinking about them does little. Praying for them does much. I will even say... God is going to bring someone to your mind today. What are you going to do? Think of them or pray for them?
The greatest power that God has given us as individuals is the power of prayer. It is invaluable* to have others who pray for us. When people pray; God looses power in answers to those prayers.
I say to you plainly: You can read your Bible and go to church, but if you really want to grow...Pray. If you really want to war in the heavenlies...PRAY! Prayer is the greatest of all forces, because it honors God and brings Him into active aid on behalf of men. It advances the Kingdom of God on earth.
I have found that when I was a new Christian...I read and I studied and I hung around other Christians, etc. But the more I matured; the more I see that God is calling His people to pray. Don't declare your independence from God through prayerlessness. Be men and women of prayer!
I will close with this quote from Pastor Barry Cook for you to ponder( It's a very pointed thought! ) "If prayer is not your priority, then everything else you do is idolatry. Prayer is the work of the ministry ."

* Invaluable: valuable beyond estimation: Priceless (having a value beyond any price)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home