Revelation

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Keeping Praying and Seeking

"Keep asking for something to be given and it shall be given you. Keep on seeking, and you shall find. Keep on reverently knocking, and it shall be opened to you. For everyone that keeps on asking for something to be given, keeps receiving. And he who keeps on seeking keeps on finding. And to him who keeps on reverently knocking, it shall be opened."-- The New Testament- An Expanded Translation - Wuest

"Keep asking, and it will be given to you. Keep searching, and you will find. Keep knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who searches finds, and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."
-- Matthew 7:7 - 8 Holman Translation


This reminds me of when I was younger and I would go to the dentist and there would be a treasure chest that I could pick something out of. Each time I went to the denist I got to pick something out of it. And each time I looked there was something I wanted. If I had never looked then I never would have received.
It also reminds me of how Beck likes to take my fruit when I have some....wait...she never asks...ok, so the asking is implied because we get each other, but it's not like I say she can't have any. Cuz I know if I did then she would totally respect that. And she only takes my fruit when I'm ok with it....See, we get each other.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home