Revelation

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Fig Tree

Grace and Peace in the Lord Jesus Christ,
So I was talking to Beck today about the whole fig tree story (
Mark 11:20-25; cross reference Matt 21:18-22) in the Bible. Apparently her dad had a revelation about it last night. So she figured I should talk to her dad about it because of everything going on in my life. So I sat down and listened to what her dad had to say about it.
Her dad connected
Luke 13:6-8 the parable of the fig tree to when Jesus cursed the fig tree because with cross referencing you can tell that it happened around the same time (Beck correct me if I'm wrong). So in the fig tree parable the fig tree is meant to represent the pharisees who though they should be producing fruit are not. They have been given time to become fruitful, but season after season they are still not bearing fruit when they should be. Jesus cursing the fig tree shows His frustration with them and also that their time will come to an end soon. Even though He didn't curse the pharisees directly I still think that the parable connected with this curse was a sign that their time was coming to an end.
Now her dad also connected in the bits after the cursing of the fig tree where Jesus makes this seemingly random comment about moving mountains and forgiving people. Now moving mountains doesn't have to be a physical thing. It can be God clearing out a problem in your life. Either way, it shows how powerful prayer can be. And I forget the rest so I'll need to talk to Beck about it again. :P
May heaven fall upon you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home