Revelation

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Blessings and Promises

Grace and Peace in the Lord Jesus Christ,
Ok, so we're trying to keep things short today. Let's see how well that works out. I was thinking of writing something on the difference between blessing and promise. I was thinking of this because of a conversation I had with a friend yesterday. Basically the point of that conversation was that healing is not a promise, but a blessing. A blessing is a gift that God chooses to give to us. It is something to help us and remind us of God's goodness. Promises are different. Promises are guaranteed while blessings are not. You may or may not receive a blessing, but if you have been promised something by God then you are assured to get it. Two promises (or at least I find them to be promises) that I can think of are Jer 29:11 and Rom 8:28 (checks verse. ya, that's the one). Both of these promises tell us that God is going to work things out for our benefit, in fact, that all things (even bad things) work together for the good of those who love God. These are things that we can count on. We may not see this in everything or all the time, but we can be confident in them because they are promises from God and God does not break any promises that He has made. Hope this was short enough for you. ;)
Blessings and Breakthroughs.

1 Comments:

  • At Friday, July 01, 2005 12:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    G. Holland said...
    When I survey the wondrous cross
    On which the Prince of Glory died,
    My richest gain I count but loss,
    And pour contempt on all my pride.


    Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
    Save in the death of Christ my God,
    All the vain things that charm me most,
    I sacrifice them to His blood.


    See from His head, His hands, His feet,
    Sorrow and love flow mingled down,
    Did e'er such love and sorrow meet,
    Or thorns compose so rich a crown?


    His dying crimson, like a robe,
    Spreads o'er His body on the tree;
    Then I am dead to all the globe,
    And all the globe is dead to me.


    Were the whole realm of nature mine,
    That were a offering far too small;
    Love so amazing, so divine,
    Demands my soul, my life, my all.

    --Isaac Watts

    Tuesday, April 19, 2005 8:19:15 PM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home