Revelation

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Purpose of Storms

Grace and Peace in the Lord Jesus Christ,
So today I thought I'd take a Bible verse and write about some of my thoughts on it.
I know that the LORD is great, that our Lord is greater thanall gods. The LORD does whatever pleases him, in the heavensand on the earth, in the seas and all their depths. He makesclouds rise from the ends of the earth; he sends lightningwith the rain and brings out the wind from his storehouses.Psalms 135:5-7
I would definetly have to say God is great. Who else could put up with all my complaining and still love me? And He follows everyone of my thoughts. Poor guy.
He does whatever pleases Him...Well, that may seem kind of selfish, but lets take some time to think about what that is. What is pleasing to God? Well, love is pleasing to God. Now I don't mean passionate tear off each others clothes love (cuz ewwww. so NOT what I'm talking about). I mean love that is lasting. Love is patient, love is kind etc. Love is a CHOICE kind of love. Like when we choose to serve another person and forget ourselves sort of deal. So if God is doing what pleases Him and what pleases Him is serving others...well, I guess God is serving us, BUT not for what we want, but for our BENEFIT. ie. our best interest, what we want, not what we need. etc. And He's doing this kind of thing everywhere. Isn't that absolutely terrible? I mean who would want someone working for their best interest everywhere? From commets crashing (or not crashing) to earth to the fact that their pay check actually gets in the bank. I mean who would ever want that...*waits for people to confess*
Now, this last part with the clouds and rain and stuff, well first off the closest association would be to difficult times. And as hard as it may be to weather a storm while it's happening what positives can we see in it. Well, it tears away things that aren't necessary (like homes and trees and stuff like that) and allows you to start on a new foundation. The storm also provides much needed water so that plants and stuff like that can grow.
Now if I'm going to be realistic and fair then I'm going to have to admit that I can see this process happening in my life. God is tearing down the delapitated old house that I built with the help of so many other well meaning, but mistaken people. Now as painful as it is to see something that I've worked so hard to create, it wasn't working. I mean you have doorways leading into walls and stairs that go sideways. I mean it's a great artpiece, but it isn't really functional. So, we have the house completely blown away now and the setting of the new foundation that is being set for the wonderful mansion with the pretty flowers and the nice fences and all that other jazz. But, back to the foundation. Well, what's the foundation. As annoying as it is it's a really long book. A book that is hard to understand. So, in order to get a proper foundation set I have inlisted the help of HS to help me get a proper foundation so that my house will be built properly and not need to be torn down.
Ok, that's the end of the lesson for today.
Blessings and Breakthroughs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home