Revelation

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Humility

Grace and Peace in the Lord Jesus Christ,
So I found another quote that made me think:

But here Peter addresses the core issue, the foundational problem to lack of humility, the source of self interest: anxiety, the worry that if we don't watch out for ourselves, nobody will. -So you want to be like Christ? by Charles Swindoll p 141

This stood out to me because it really made me realize that I don't need to worry about whether or not I am having my needs met because I should be seeking Christ to have those needs met. If I'm not seeking Christ for my needs then something must be fundamentally wrong with my relationship with Him. And if I am having my needs met by Christ (and yes this means taking responsibility and having a job like He has asked you to) then I don't need to worry about myself. Which means that I can focus on helping others have their needs met by Christ because Christ will have already met all my needs. That really puts new meaning to the word humble. The humble are those who are secure in themselves because they have had all their needs met by God and out of that they are able to serve others without concern for themselves. If your need for love, value and attention are met by God then you won't find yourself trying to stand out and get that from others. And you won't settle for things that just aren't good enough (like dating someone who really isn't the best thing for you, but might make you feel good sometimes). God is our provider and He is the only one who can satisfy our needs. Once we are secure in that then we can seek Him for our needs and serve Him like we were meant to. Praise God for revelation.

May heaven fall upon you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home