Revelation

Monday, February 27, 2006

Living Grace

1 Corinthians 15:10 (New King James Version)But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

I was reading sermon notes out loud to a friend of mine while she was driving me home. And when I read this verse out loud I started to expand on it and to discuss it.
Because of grace I am who I am. Grace allows me to be the person God created me to be. Because of the grace of God, which was with me, I worked more than everyone else.
When we are walking in grace we are more able to live like we want to (and as God created us to), but it is different then how we are used to living. How many times does a smoker say that they want to quit, or that they desire to quit, or even try to quit? Yet it is by the grace of God that they will actually be able to do it.

I don't really know how to explain grace except to say that I have started to do the things that I've desired to do for a long time, but for one reason or another I simply found myself unable to do those things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home